Don't be a victim
G & C Enterprise, LLC - Washington's Local Family Owned Sportsman Shop
RSS

Recent Posts

Trying to find a firearm
Okay, so what gun should I buy?
Don't be a victim

Categories

Most people are against firearms. WHAT?
What type of firearm should I purchase?
powered by

My Blog

Don't be a victim

Don't be the Victim. If you are going to own a firearm, make sure it is easily accessible at a moments notice or it might just be an extra weight that you are carrying around..   Many women ask me what firearm they should purchase for self-defense.  My first question is it to carry, for home use or both, If it is for home use only,  my first suggestion is a pump shotgun.  There are many affordable ones out there, the concept of firing one is pretty basic if shown how to use it  and accuracy is much easier to achieve.  The biggest fault with a shotgun is having it in a location that you can easily access it but not so easy that an intruder can use it on you while you are sleeping.   As for a carry gun for women, carrying a gun in your purse is not protection.  If you are in a situation that you feel threatened you need to have that weapon in your hand before something happens.  Strength to rack the firearm or pull the slide back is a big question.  Many men and women have trouble pulling the slide back, which is how the ammunition gets in the chamber to fire the gun.  If that is a problem I would recommend  a .38 special revolver or a tip up barrel pistol.  If you have no problem pulling the slide back any of the smaller  framed  380's, 9mm's pistols would work fine.  The key to any pistol you decide to carry is that you are comfortable with it and you are willing to put it in your pocket or holster it.  If not while you are walking down the street and some idiot decides to rob you, you have no defense even if it is ready to go in your purse.  If it is for both home use and to carry, an ultra lite 38 special or a subcompact pistol  would be my recommendation.  In all of these situations Access,Knowledge of you firearm (is there a safety do you have to rack it, etc)  are key.  The more important part of owning a firearm is keeping out of the hands of children. There are many safes out there that bolt to the wall that can be accessed quickly that would take care of that.

12 Comments to Don't be a victim:

Comments RSS
chuck whirlow on Tuesday, October 09, 2012 8:53 AM
GOOD TIPS THAT CAN HELP EVERYONE !! I WILL NOW START TO CARRY MY LCP RACKED AND READY !!
Reply to comment

Rimi on Thursday, February 04, 2016 9:15 AM
Uncommon gun or a tip up barrel gun. In the event that you have no issue pulling the slide back any of the littler surrounded 380's, 9mm's guns would work fine. The way to any gun you choose to convey is that you are alright with it and you are willing to place it in your pocket or holster it. Thanks!
Reply to comment

GMae on Friday, February 12, 2016 10:14 PM
hi, so 1st id like to give this woman her dues! i was at the monroeville gun show over the weekend, i found the gun i wanted, and i said, ill be back if i do not find something else. I am a 34 yr old wife and mother of 3 lil girls, and i decided i needed to protect my children from the craziness in this world. So this is my 1st purchase, i searched the place and did not find anything, i kept thinking about this gun this woman and her husband had, and finally rounded back only to find, theres no safety on the gun:-/ but she searched and searched and finally she sits down with this beautiful Smith and Wesson MP40..Good Lord, im in love! its a tough solid gun, very smooth, you do not have to man handle it to rack it ect.. and im proudly wearing it with my boots, heels, jeans or jammies, black lace belly bands(type of holster) match anything:-) actually. Many woman may prefer a smaller gun, but this is my mate for sure:-) She pulled it out and it was like the AAAAHHHHH moment if you have ever had one. She helped me tremendously and her husband helped mine w/all of his Long gun needs. Im extra happy and when they get back with visit their shop! THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!! G.H.

Tonny Kenedy on Friday, February 26, 2016 9:51 PM
There are many affordable ones out there, the concept of firing one is pretty basic if shown how to use it and accuracy is much easier to achieve. Very nice post Carol !
Reply to comment

Anonymous on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 1:32 AM
Reply to comment

rushmyessay on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 5:23 AM
There are some of the fighting through which a man cannot be express by the time as well as it make more over the time to make the thing better.But there are some of the reason through which a person become the victim and going to be in trouble.
Reply to comment

Ryan on Saturday, December 02, 2017 12:01 AM
Impressive contents and information. It's really a great work for the author to share their useful thoughts and ideas to other. Keep up the good work.
Reply to comment

writing assignment on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 12:18 AM
I'm taking cooking classes after my university and i know the worth of your old knife because its your habit to cut items with it so you are used to of that particular knife.
Reply to comment

uk on Friday, January 12, 2018 11:53 PM
Thanks a lot for the kind of perfect topic I have not a lot of information about it but I have got an extra unique info in your unique post.Perfect description you have provided thanks for sharing.
Reply to comment

writing essay on Monday, May 07, 2018 1:32 AM
Reply to comment

assignment help on Monday, May 07, 2018 1:32 AM
It's imperative that you buy the interior decor in the home right after that which will be discussed, it is actually an issue of an snapshot, you could properly confess is often a legitimate do the job involving art
Reply to comment